Public Participation in the management of the environment and natural resources
Greenwatch Uganda is an environmental rights advocacy Non-Government Organisation in Uganda with its secretariat in Kampala.
We promote public participation in the sustainable use, management and protectionRead More
Greenwatch has been awarded a Green Gold Award for her Consistent dedication to Responsible Environmental Business practices, Commitment to going green and environmental conservation in Uganda. The Award was presented at the Green breakfast meeting held on August 3rd 2015 at the Serena Hotel, Kampala.
As Uganda joins the rest of the world in celebrating World Forestry Day 2015, it is admirable that in some places around the world, forests have been preserved for over 200 years untouched, undisturbed not because the communities around do not have use for them but because they treasure how important they are to the environment.
This report is based on the findings of a two year national research undertaken by Greenwatch on access to information in Uganda as part of the Access to Information in Africa (ATI) Project. The research was premised on the notion that access to information is one of the most important fundamental rights and freedoms and is essential for good governance, participatory democracy and sound development.
Press & Highlights
Enough talk; more action needed
6th, March 2015
Court Stops UWA from issuing pangolin licenses
5th, March 2015
Members of Parliament throw out Minister over kaveera ban delay
4th, March 2015
Pangolin scales dealer petitions over rights
3rd, March 2015
Fight over pangolin scales goes to court
3rd, March 2015
Enforce the law on wetlands
5th, February 2015
World Wetlands Day 2nd February 2015
2nd, February 2015
- The Right to Information as a Tool for/in Public Interest Litigation: An East African Perspective
- Access to Information in Africa Project Summary
- Handbook on Environmental Law Vol.II
- Court Ruling on the ban of Plastic bags in Uganda
- Access to Information in Africa Report: The case of Uganda
- A Community Based Guide for Monitoring Impacts of Oil and Gas Activities on the Environment
- Regional Symposium on Public Interest Environmental Litigation for Lawyers in EastAfrica
- Handbook on Environmental Law Vol.1
- Greenwatch Brochure