Public Participation in the management of the environment and natural resources
Greenwatch Uganda is an environmental rights advocacy Non-Government Organisation in Uganda with its secretariat in Kampala.
We promote public participation in the sustainable use, management and protectionRead More
Eat with ecology in mind
World Environment Day (WED) is observed all over the world on 5th of June every year as an initiative of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) by United Nations Organisation (UNO) in order to create awareness about the environment and environmental concerns among the common people.
Lake Victoria is under mainly by human activities. Therefore, until June 5, World Environment Day, in a campaign, Save Lake Victoria, Vision Group media platforms is running investigation articles, programmes and commentaries highlighting the irresponsible human activities threatening the world’s second largest fresh water lake. Today, we explore how plastics have become a menace to the environment.
The Community based guide is the first of its kind to be produced on monitoring oil and gas developments in Uganda.
Press & Highlights
- A Community Based Guide for Monitoring Impacts of Oil and Gas Activities on the Environment
- The Access to Information Act
- Administering Justice With out Un due Regard to Technical
- Court Ruling on the ban of Plastic bags in Uganda
- Access to Information Project Findings presented at a dissemination workshop for civil society actors
- Access to Information Project: Transparency models
- Access to Information Project (ATI): An Overview
- Climate change Adaptation & Biodiversity Management workshop- December 2011
- Greenwatch Brochure