Public Participation in the management of the environment and natural resources
Greenwatch Uganda is an environmental rights advocacy Non-Government Organisation in Uganda with its secretariat in Kampala.
We promote public participation in the sustainable use, management and protectionRead More
Lake Victoria is under mainly by human activities. Therefore, until June 5, World Environment Day, in a campaign, Save Lake Victoria, Vision Group media platforms is running investigation articles, programmes and commentaries highlighting the irresponsible human activities threatening the world’s second largest fresh water lake. Today, we explore how plastics have become a menace to the environment.
Greenwatch is conducting research on Access to information, participation in decision making and Access to Justice in environmental matters specifically Oil Production in Uganda.
The Community based guide is the first of its kind to be produced on monitoring oil and gas developments in Uganda.
Press & Highlights
- Access to Information Project: Transparency models
- The Access to Information Act
- Climate change Adaptation & Biodiversity Management workshop- December 2011
- Administering Justice With out Un due Regard to Technical
- Court Ruling on the ban of Plastic bags in Uganda
- Access to Information Project Findings presented at a dissemination workshop for civil society actors
- Greenwatch Brochure
- Access to Information Project (ATI): An Overview
- Report on the proceedings of the training workshop on enforcement of environmental laws for police investigators in Uganda- December 2007