Public Participation in the management of the environment and natural resources
Greenwatch Uganda is an environmental rights advocacy Non-Government Organisation in Uganda with its secretariat in Kampala.
We promote public participation in the sustainable use, management and protectionRead More
Two years ago, four minors alongside their friend Kenneth Kakuru and Greenwatch Uganda filed a case against the Government of Uganda for its failure to institute enough measures to control the devastating effects of climate change in Uganda. This was one of the first initiatives by minors in Uganda to see that their right to a clean and healthy environment stated in the Ugandan Constitution is met.
Each year on September 28, Right to Know Day is officially celebrated in over 40 nations worldwide.
Press & Highlights
- An Introduction to Earth Jurisprudence in the African Context
- Court Ruling on the ban of Plastic bags in Uganda
- The Right to Information as a Tool for/in Public Interest Litigation: An East African Perspective
- Natural Resource Governance in a changing World
- Handbook on Environmental Law Vol.II
- Handbook on Environmental Law Vol.1
- A Community Based Guide for Monitoring Impacts of Oil and Gas Activities on the Environment
- Access to Information Project Findings presented at a dissemination workshop for civil society actors
- Access to Information Project: Transparency models